- Human Resources Generalist
Human Resources Generalist
We are currently recruiting for a Human Resources Generalist for our corporate office in Reno, Nevada. The Human Resources Generalist reports to the VP Human Resources.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsible for the administration of all benefit programs, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, voluntary benefits and 401(k) plan.
- Acts as liaison between employee and insurance providers to resolve benefit related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Administers all payroll and expatriate compensation transactions.
- Administers Canadian payroll and equity transactions.
- Assists VP Human Resources to identify staff vacancies; recruits qualified applicants, writes and places advertisements, conducts applicable background investigations, screens candidates as needed, administers required testing.
- Coordinates new employee orientation for corporate office.
- Coordinates new employee orientation for expatriates: Post-offer examinations, Visa document processing, Payroll coordination,Travel arrangements.
- Prepares and maintains employee files; enters data into HRIS system ensuring the accuracy of information.
- Assists in providing current job description of incumbents.
- Plans the Company events and community relations activities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree, PHR, and 3+ years’ experience preferred; experience in mining or related industry a plus.
- Must have excellent leadership, communication skills, professional business writing skills and a working mastery of MS office.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to establish effective working relationships with peers, subordinates and superiors through contributions in team settings, working groups and committees.
- Knowledge of labor laws at the local, state and national level.
- Experience with ADP a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
Click here to apply for this position: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit2/?id=15339141&t=1