Lead Mine Trainer
Minera San Rafael, the Guatemala operating company of Tahoe Resources Inc., is seeking qualified applicants for Lead Miner/Trainer at its Escobal mine in Santa Rosa Department, Guatemala.
Underground Mine Trainers with extensive experience in mechanized mining are required to work with mine crews as lead hands to train local employees in the safe and efficient mining and equipment operating practices.
Ideal candidates will have at least 10+ years of experience working in mechanized underground mines, a positive and disciplined attitude to mine safety standards and high level skills in the operation of equipment for development drill and blast (electric hydraulic jumbos, mechanical bolters, +7yd LHDs, +45t haul trucks) and longhole drill and blast for open stoping (top hammer and ITH drills, production blasting, and remote LHDs). Candidates must have effective communication skills and a positive and enthusiastic attitude toward the requirement to train and coach local operators and trainers. The position will require a working knowledge of Spanish and English. Qualified candidates seeking full-time or long-term contract employment are encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Development Mine Superintendent responsibilities of the Lead Miner/Trainer will include:
- Maintaining or exceeding planned advance rates in main ramps.
- As development priorities change or where challenging situations arise, the lead miner / trainer may engage in other special projects in stoping or vertical work.
- Training and development of mine operators in the safe and efficient operation of mine equipment.
- Develop training lesson plans in conjunction with operations and safety managers.
- Conduct regular evaluations to ensure lessons / training exercises are understood and good practices are maintained.
- Interact closely with local shift foremen to coordinate activities at the work area during the shift to ensure safe and productive mining.
- Contribute to the optimization of mine design and production and development planning through interaction with surveyors, engineers and geologists.
Tahoe Resources Inc. is a TSX-listed (THO), NYSE-listed (TAHO) company. We offer competitive compensation, an outstanding benefits package, and an opportunity to work in a highly creative environment with tremendous opportunity for growth.
Tahoe Resources Inc. is an EEO employer.
Minera San Rafael, the Guatemala operating company of Tahoe Resources Inc., is seeking a qualified SAFETY MANAGER at its Escobal mine in Santa Rosa Department, Guatemala. The SAFETY MANAGER reports directly to the General Manager.
Tahoe Resources Inc is a publicly traded company (TSX, BVL:THO/NYSE:TAHO) led by experienced mining professionals who are dedicated to the responsible production of precious metals in the Americas. As a new leader in precious metals, we operate the Escobal silver mine in Guatemala and La Arena gold mine in Peru and are developing the Shahuindo project, also in Peru.
Tahoe’s management team has proven experience in permitting, financing and building precious metal mines in Latin America. The Company is dedicated to maximizing shareholder value while working to the highest standards of environmental protection and community engagement.
Reporting to the SAFETY MANAGER will be all safety supervisors, technicians and assistants. The SAFETY MANAGER will also be responsible to oversee training and physical work area inspections in accordance with Safety department goals (these goals include advancing and implementing those safety practices and standards which meet / exceed industry standards for a safe, productive, and low-cost operation).
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Maintain and apply knowledge of current safety policies and regulations for mining and milling processes
- Assist in safety training throughout operations and assure all safety procedures and policies are in place, updated and communicated
- Visit all areas of the operations regularly to ensure MSHA & OSHA standards are being met
- Act as the company’s representative with government officials for safety matters
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees’ exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards
- Provide strategic support in areas of occupational health and industrial hygiene, working closely with medical clinic and Human Resources
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance
- Ensure appropriate safety devices are installed on all machinery and equipment
- Implement the mine rescue program and ensure that the Emergency Response Plan and Procedures are suitable for the purposes required
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy
- Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures
- Review plans and operational activities to determine whether all safety requirements have been met
- Report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing
- Interview employers and employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents
- The Safety Manager will oversee and ensure proper administration of all company safety policies, compensation, and all other rules of work for all employees in all areas of the Escobal project. This may include hiring employees, discharge of employees with or without cause, level of compensation, approval and execution of promotions and demotions, and all other matters pertaining to safety performance of all workers on the project
- Undertake weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and presentations as required
- Lead the Safety Department by example and be involved in safety talks, meetings, presentations and seminars at operations
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and experience with underground mine rescue
- Minimum 7 years in health and safety at an underground mining operation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Detailed knowledge of underground and surface safety (MSHA & OSHA standards)
Tahoe Resources is an equal opportunity employer.